CITIES, NEIGHBORHOOD & SCHOOLS
Welcome to Pleasant Hill, CA
Located in central Contra Costa County, Pleasant Hill is part of the San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont Metro Area. Pleasant Hill is primarily a bedroom community with a mix of new developments and older neighborhoods. The city has a total area of 7.1 square miles with a varied landscape of picturesque valleys and rolling hills.
Pleasant Hill is the home of Diablo Valley College, John F. Kennedy University, the Pleasant Hill Library, and administration offices for the Contra Costa County Library system.
Pleasant Hill is a modern and dynamic city in the East Bay Area of San Francisco. Centrally located along Interstate 680, Pleasant Hill offers a strong sense of community and small-town charm, with a vibrant downtown area that attracts thousands of visitors on a regular basis
Pleasant Hill has a population of around 34,839 people and is decidedly a white-collar city, with 90.66% of the workforce employed in white-collar jobs - well above the national average. Overall, Pleasant Hill is a city of managers, professionals, and sales and office workers. Pleasant Hill also has more people living here who work in computers and math than 95% of the places in the US. An extremely well-educated community, 55.50% of adults in Plesant Hill have a 4-year degree or graduate degree, compared to the national average for all cities and towns in the U.S. at just 21.84%.
Pleasant Hill has a Mediterranean climate with cool and wet winters and dry, warm summers. The city gets 20 inches of rain per year and no snow. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 62. On average, there are 264 sunny days per year with July highs around 89 degrees and January lows at 39.
Pleasant Hill CA Real Estate
Pleasant Hill is a hot seller's market with more people looking to buy than there are homes available. As of February 2021, the median list price of homes for sale in Pleasant Hill CA was $819K, trending up 13% year-over-year. The median listing price per square foot was $505, and the median sale price was $759.5K. Sale-to-List Price Ratio: 102.4% Homes in Pleasant Hill sold 2.4% above the asking price on average in February 2021.
Partner with Pleasant Hill REALTOR® - Glenn Allen for unmatched expertise in Pleasant Hill CA real estate. Along with his professional team, Glenn will put his years of experience and local knowledge to work for you! Whether you are looking to buy a home in Pleasant Hill or sell your existing property, Glenn offers the kind of personalized service you need and deserve. Feel free to contact Glenn directly at (925) 709-1000 or you can get in touch here.
Schools & Education
Pleasant Hill is served by Mt. Diablo Unified School District. Public schools serving the community include:
Pleasant Hill is also home to John F. Kennedy University and Diablo Valley College, one of three publicly supported two-year community colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District. The main campus is located off Interstate 680 in Pleasant Hill.
Outdoor Parks & Facilities
- Brookwood Park
- Dinosaur Hill Park
- Open Spaces & Trails
- Paso Nogal Park
- Pleasant Hill Park
- Pleasant Oaks Park
- Rodgers-Smith Park
- Shannon Hills Park
- Sherman Acres
- Community Center
- Senior Center
- Teen Center
- Winslow Center
- Aquatic Facilities
- Rodgers Ranch Heritage Center
Pleasant Hill is located at the center of the 680 Corridor, connecting businesses from San Jose, San Francisco, and Sacramento. Pleasant Hill has developed a sense of identity and a strong financial base due to the downtown area near the City Hall and its lake, part of a redevelopment project that has become a pedestrian hot spot for residents and visitors alike. Households in Pleasant Hill have a median annual income of $110,137, which is more than the median annual income of $61,937 across the entire U.S.
Top employers in Pleasant Hill include:
- Mt. Diablo Unified School District
- Contra Costa County Fire Protection
- Yandell Tuckaway
- Nightingale of Contra Costa
- John F. Kennedy University
- Contra Costa County Office of Education
- Hospices of the East Bay
- Irvin Deutscher Family YMCA
Hospitals, Medical Centers & Clinics near Pleasant Hill
- Kindred Transitional Care & Rehabilitation
- Children’s Specialty Care Walnut Creek
- Contra Costa Health Services
- Heartscan Walnut Creek
- John Muir Women’s Health Center
- John Muir Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- ManorCare Health Services
- Muir Orthopedic Specialists
Local Utilities & Community Services
- Gas and Electric
- Water Department
- Cable Companies
- Phone Services
- Cellular Phone Stores
- Post Office locations
- Fire Department
- Government Services
- Chambers of Commerce
- Day Care
Located in the central part of Contra Costa County alongside Interstate 680, Pleasant Hill has a nearby BART station and extensive County Connection bus lines to serve both residents and commuters.
- Amtrak runs its San Joaquins line to Southern California and Capitol Corridor line to Sacramento and San José through stations in Richmond, Martinez, and Antioch-Pittsburg.
- BART High speed commuter rail system, which functions as the Bay Area’s metro system.
- AC Transit provides local service in West County and in Orinda, in addition to western Alameda County, Transbay commuter services to San Francisco, bus rapid transit lines and the bulk of All Nighter service for the East Bay.
- County Connection provides fixed-route and paratransit bus service throughout the communities of Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek, Clayton, Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, Danville, San Ramon, as well as unincorporated communities in Central Contra Costa County. A County Connection bus dressed up like a trolley-car is a free shuttle provided by the city to bring BART travelers to the downtown area.
- Golden Gate Transit provides connecting transbay service between San Rafael and Richmond and El Cerrito del Norte BART stations via the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- Tri-Delta Transit provides local bus service in East County and connecting regional services to Martinez, Livermore, and Stockton.
- WestCAT provides local bus service in northern West County with connecting service to BART and transbay service to the city (San Francisco).
- The nearest major airport to Pleasant Hill is Oakland International Airport (OAK / KOAK), which has international and domestic flights from Oakland. Another major airport is San Francisco International Airport (SFO / KSFO), which has international and domestic flights from San Francisco, California.
Homes for Sale in Pleasant Hill CA